Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Creating Content and Links Update

Lately I've been focusing on creating "epic content" (content that is evergreen and contains very useful instructions and may contain video/images) . And have posted 3 more articles.  Using Pat's page as a guide I been adding back links to the site. http://www.smartpassiveincome.com/backlink-strategy/  
Not feeling comfortable with the spinning I took articles that were ok quality but might not be as good as the best stuff that goes on the site and used that on web 2.0 sites.
See an example here.  http://onlearningpoint.blogspot.com/2012/09/elearning-overview.html


More information on the same strategy that looked helpful was this post here, http://www.warriorforum.com/adsense-ppc-seo-discussion-forum/659242-article-spinning-less-effective-than-unique-content-backlinks.htm 


Doing some more research I found good reading on warrior forums.  Not everyone agrees on the best way to do backlinks but it seems that unique content or highly spun content is the key.  As long as you have plenty to say it should be no problem coming up with a new short article.
I've always been just an ok writer and while I can write research papers for college the problem is there is so much to say about everything. This leads into a very disorganized winding writing that is very hard to follow.
Now before starting writing I do an outline.  While this sounds like more work it's really not, the outline in not separate, it becomes part of the content. Each subtopic breaks the overall topic in half until its in manageable chucks, and then you start filling the subtopics with 1-5 sentences.  This works exceptionally well when researching something new. And while this run contrary to what I was taught in college it is the best method of creating elearing content. I know that my content should take about 30 minutes to be consumed, so I would not include more than 3 big topics (10 min each) and the subtopics under that should only run 2-3 minutes each. 


Its interesting that it took me so long to adopt this method.  My friend from graduate school who was a professional programmer would use the same method.  Write out the objective, add sudo code as to what the program would do, once the logic worked, replaced the sudo code, compiled, fixed a few syntax errors, recompile, Done.  It was truly impressive.  
Finally, once you have your outline you know what you need to research and write about next.  Makes it simple to keep on track.  
That’s what is working for me right now.  
-patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment